The promised day rapidly approaches, and soon Heroes of the Storm alpha accounts will be reset for the first time. While it is heartbreaking to lose out on skin tints and other nice perks we’ve spent time unlocking, Blizzard is offering some pretty sweet perks based on account levels. Community Manager and apparent default news guy Spyrian explained that gold will be awarded, and players who have reached the current experience cap (level 40) will also receive a super special lanyard. Like any reasonable adult, I plan to spend all of my time between now and Tuesday’s reset grinding to 40 from 30.
It is unknown when the next account wipe will be.
More details below:
On Tuesday, April 15, we’ll be performing our first Technical Alpha Account Wipe. Here’s what you need to know:
For this initial account wipe, we will not be resetting or refunding any real-money purchases you’ve made thus far during Tech Alpha testing. Please note that we do plan to reset real-money purchases with future scheduled account wipes, just not this time.
Aside from purchases you’ve made with real-money thus far, your account will essentially be starting from scratch following the wipe. Here’s exactly what we’re doing:
- Your account will start at Level 1, and all experience points, as well as leveling system and quest progress will be reset.
- All in-game Gold you’ve earned, as well as purchases made using Gold, will be wiped clean.
We understand it can be tough to start over, so we’ve got a few rewards to show our appreciation for your dedication during Tech Alpha testing thus far. Here’s what you’ll receive following next week’s account wipe:
- Starting after the wipe on Tuesday, April 15, all players will gain access to every single hero until Thursday, April 17 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.
- Based on your progress with the leveling system prior to the wipe, you’ll receive a nice chunk of in-game Gold that we’re hoping you’ll use to try out a few new heroes!
- Levels 1 – 19: 10,000 Gold
- Levels 20 – 39: 30,000 Gold
- Level 40: 30,000 Gold and an exclusive Heroes of the Storm lanyard.
We’ve received a ton of great feedback, playtest data, and bug reports over the past few weeks, and we hope you’re having a blast with Heroes. As always, thank you very much for participating in our Tech Alpha and sharing your thoughts with us.
See you in the queue!